We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Building Control Surveyor to join our award-winning Building Control Team, on a fulltime, permanent basis.
This is an excellent time to join our team as we undertake a diverse portfolio of major projects including large-scale housing developments, school developments and town centre redevelopment.
As a Building Control Surveyor, you will work in partnership as a shared service between Wokingham Borough Council and West Berkshire Council, managing portfolios of domestic and non-domestic projects, providing expert advice, supervision, and consultancy services across projects in Wokingham and the West Berkshire areas.
The ideal candidate will have experience at a senior level, although other levels of experience will be considered as we can provide ongoing training and support as you look to progress your career.
We offer an incredible benefits package which includes generous annual leave of up to 30 days (rising to 35 after 5 years’ service), plus bank holidays, an enhanced local government pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, a range of discounts, onsite gym and more!
We’re passionate about providing a high-quality service and delivering on projects and have recently been recognised as Award Winners at the LABC Central regional Building Excellence Award 2022, and following the LABC Peer Service review, it was concluded that we are a top quartile performing service nationally.
- Manage a portfolio of Band A and Band B development sites, including non-domestic low risk schemes (including new applications)
- Provide accurate information, advice, and professional support to businesses and/or individuals, in accordance with the inspection framework
- Support and supervise, in accordance with the management framework, other members of the team including, where agreed, the delegation of plan checking, site inspections and other duties
- Liaise and/or consult with external agencies, stakeholders, statutory undertakers and members of the public as necessary to ensure a seamless approach to the provision of guidance and service delivery
- Understand the vision, values, and strategic priorities of the Council so that Officers are engaged and motivated to deliver the Council’s strategic plan
- Positively contribute to a strong, efficient, and effective performance culture with a focus on service excellence
Skills & Experience
- Professional Building Control Qualification to intermediate level (RICS, CABE or equivalent)
- Significant Building Control experience with working knowledge of building regulations and legislation
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organisation and prioritising skills
- Strong focus for service excellence
Wokingham is an attractive and vibrant historical market town surrounded by beautiful countryside, and host to several high performing schools and businesses, with a thriving community. It is easily accessible by rail and road networks, located within 8 miles of Reading, 32 miles of London and within 44 miles of the south coast.
For an information discussion or to find out more, contact Roger Paine (Head of Service – Building Control Solutions) 07710064521 or email@example.com. Alternatively, click the link and apply today!
Closing date: Sunday 29th October 2023, 11pm
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 6th November 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.