About the Role & Team
Are you seeking to develop your planning career? Are you passionate about making lasting changes? Join us to make our county the best place to live, work and play and we want you to help us achieve this.
Gloucestershire is home to the vibrant urban centres of Cheltenham and Gloucester, the beautiful rural settings of the Cotswolds and Forest of Dean and is located within easy access of Bristol, Birmingham, and Cardiff.
We want to deliver sustainable economic growth by ensuring our communities have the best opportunities to achieve their potential.
We are seeking an ambitious, highly motivated Senior Planning Officer who will help make a difference by supporting the building of future communities across Gloucestershire.
You will be part of small but multi-disciplined team which provides a friendly supportive work environment that encourages personal growth and supports career progression.
This role provides a great opportunity for a dynamic individual with a ‘can do’ attitude to be part of a small by growing service area. As a Senior Planning Officer, you will be confident, self-motivated, and enthusiastic with good presentation and report writing skills.
To be successful you have knowledge and experience of planning and will need excellent organisational skills to allow you to prioritise workloads.
You will gain invaluable experience supporting Gloucestershire’s Local Planning Authorities by becoming a specialist in understanding the future infrastructure requirements necessary to support future residential and employment growth by supporting the production of a new countywide Infrastructure Needs Assessment and Infrastructure Plan.
By ensuring that the full cost impacts of new development on County Council managed services is fully considered by the relevant Local Planning Authority ahead of any formal decision. This is both in relation to individual planning applications and during the local plan making process.
For all your hard work, you will receive the following:
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- 5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years continuous service.
- An option to purchase 10 days of additional leave per year (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Family friendly employer offering benefits to help support you and your family.
- Career development and qualification opportunities
- Supportive and positive working environment with regular, robust supervision
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for
- employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- An in-house Occupational Health service
- Employee discount scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&Cs apply)
- Links to employee networks such as Prism (LGBT+) network and the Young Employees Network
How to apply
If you would like to informal discuss about this role please contact Ben Watts, Economy & Strategic Planning Team Manager on 01452 426771. The expected interview and selection dates will be within 2 weeks after this advert closes.
To apply, please click “Apply Now”.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.