About the role
If you are looking to develop a career in public service, this could be a great opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the East Sussex Education Division, for the role of a Business Administrator within the Targeted Support, Attendance and Inclusion Admin team. We are part of a Local Authority dedicated to championing change for children.
Do you have experience in administration with a range of systems? Are you a good communicator, someone who can work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage competing demands? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You will play a key role in supporting the Council - helping us provide a better service to the people of East Sussex. It’s fast-paced and varied, but we’ll make sure you get all the training and support you need to succeed.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience of running effective administration systems.
- Experience of data entry onto databases and other IT systems.
- Have a resilient character and strong personal drive.
- Able to take ownership of tasks and complete to a high standard.
- Be a team player that can work collaboratively as well as using their own initiative.
- MS Office skills.
What can we offer you?
- A motivated team committed to the continuous improvement of outcomes for children and young people.
- A commitment to a model of reflective practice based on regular supervision meetings to support all employees in their professional development.
- A continued professional development (CPD) programme to ensure your personal and professional skills and knowledge are enhanced and developed to support the performance of the service.
- A team of motivated and committed peers.
- We also offer a diverse range of benefits to help and support you during your employment. More information can be found on our benefits page.
- County Hall provides a café with a full range of hot and cold lunches, snacks and drinks with seating both indoors and out.
- Hybrid working, 3 office days and 2 from home (after a period of induction).
Applications will be accepted via completion of the ESCC online application form, showing how you meet all the essential criteria within the job description and job specification.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity contact Claire Therin, Acting Office Manager on 07514 719 269.
#Ask me if this can be an apprenticeship
Vocational Training through Apprenticeships is now available to our staff, ranging from entry level to degree level qualifications. You can talk to the hiring manager and the apprenticeship team about what qualifications would be relevant to you and this job role, and if it is possible to support you in apprenticeship training.
We have 2 full time posts available. One is based at County Hall in Lewes and the other in Cavendish House, Hastings. Both have good public transport routes.
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 9 October 2023 and will be in the form of a face-to-face interview, followed by a task. These will be held in St Mary’s House in Eastbourne.
For work that makes a difference
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require sponsorship to work in the UK please let the hiring manager know this in your application so we can check eligibility for sponsorship for the role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.