Social Worker (PCN)
We have a new and exciting opportunity available for a Social Worker to join our friendly Adult Social Care Team. There is a drive to support the Wokingham Integrated Partnership Programme to promote greater integration between Health and Social Care.
As a Social Worker you will act as a key link between Primary Care Networks (PCN), General Practitioners and Health and Social Care. You will offer greater availability to support the PCN’s, creating increased access to guidance, joint-working and problem resolution. This is a new role which will focus on the ways we can develop the integration through Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings, joint training and responsive social work input. It will also develop and enhance relationships with key stakeholders, including, voluntary and community services and seek to improve practices and inter-working relationships.
- This role specifically focuses on joint working with health services.
- To work as part of a team to provide information, advice and signposting to vulnerable adults and their carers.
- To receive referrals for Adult Social Care Services, prioritizing and managing risk on a day-to-day basis.
- Make use of their professional specialism to determine eligibility for the provision of Community Care Services.
- Where necessary, arrange interim adult Social Care Services, with an overarching role to ensure the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable residents and their carers.
- Completion of care needs assessments.
- Use a strengths based approach to provide advice and signposting to other sources of support as required.
- Social Work England registered Social Worker
- Full UK driving licence
Benefits – We can offer you a host of excellent benefits including:
- Generous Annual Leave allowance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sports & Leisure Discounts
- And more!
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Gordon on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 15th October 2023, 11pm
Interview Date: W/C 23rd October 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.