Social Worker (First Contact Team)
We have a great opportunity available for a Social Worker to join our friendly team in Adult Social Care on a full time, permanent basis.
As a Social Worker you will play a key role in determining eligibility for the provision of Community Care Services, in accordance to the Care Act 2014. There will be an emphasis upon working creatively to identify whether needs can be met in different ways, whilst applying a strengths based model of care. You will collaborate with key teams to provide a seamless service for individuals in the borough.
The main aim of the service is to enable individuals to live safely in the community, maximising individual’s abilities to care for themselves and supporting carers to continue in their caring role as long as they are able to. The service will support individuals to access support services in line with their eligible needs, with an emphasis on health, safety and wellbeing for vulnerable individuals.
Wokingham Borough Council has a range of opportunities in social care offering flexibility and the ASYE Program. This is an opportunity to develop your career in a supportive working environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To work as part of a team to provide information, advice and signposting to vulnerable adults and their carers.
- To receive referrals for Adult Social Care Services, prioritizing and managing risk on a day-to-day basis. Managing a varied case load.
- Make use of their professional specialism to determine eligibility for the provision of Community Care Services;
- Where necessary, arrange interim adult Social Care Services, with an overarching role to ensure the safety and wellbeing of vulnerable residents and their carers.
- Initiate Self Directed Support, so a planning amount can be set for a Personal Budget
- Use a strengths based approach to provide advice and signposting to other sources of support as required.
- Social Work England registered Social Worker
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to communicate well and work collaboratively with team members/customers/families
Benefits – We can offer you a host of excellent benefits including:
- Generous Annual Leave allowance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Sports & Leisure Discounts
- And more!
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Gordon on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 15th October 2023, 11pm
Interview Date: W/C 23rd October 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.