The starting salary for this role is £26,569 per annum, based on a 36-hour working week.
This role is a one year Fixed Term Contract, ending 31/07/2024.
We are excited to be hiring a Social Care Assistant to join our fantastic South West team in Mental Health.
Our vision is 'Working with all our partners to make a difference to the lives of people, through trusted, personalised and universal social care support, so people have choice and control, and can maximise their wellbeing and independence in their local community'.
What we can offer you:
- Annual Leave - with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- You will receive excellent support and supervision combined with comprehensive training/induction
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit our website.
About the role
Promoting independence, choice and control is at the heart of this position. This is an exciting opportunity to work with people to maximise their potential for independence.
You will have frequent direct contact with the public on the phone as well as visiting them in their own home or care setting. Your role will be to assist qualified practitioners with a variety of tasks, including assessing people's needs and carrying out regular reviews. You will frequently be the first point of contact between the public and the service, gathering initial information and identifying the need for further assessment, as well as signposting people to other services.
You will work in partnership with individuals, their carers, professional staff in other agencies, service providers and Support Brokers in order to support vulnerable adults and their families to identify and arrange services that meet their needs and promote independence, choice and control.
Social Care Assistants will hold a caseload of individuals and carers who will generally have a support plan in place that requires routine monitoring.
In your application we would love to hear about:
- Understanding of Adult Social Care needs and any experience you may have in this area.
- Your ability to manage a caseload efficiently, regularly monitoring support plans for individuals and carers.
- Experience of working directly with the public on the phone or in person.
- Your ability to build relationships with various stakeholders, colleagues, and the public effectively.
- Your IT skills with a willingness to learn to use a variety of software systems
The work involves travelling within Surrey; therefore, you will need to be a car driver and have access to a car.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 13/10/2023.
This is a 12 month secondment / fixed term contract.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application with tailored personal statement. Please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.