Salary £32,020 to £38,925
Permanent 37 hour post
Closing date: 8th October 2023
Portsmouth City Council
Portsmouth is a vibrant university city, with a rich maritime history on the South coast enjoying excellent transport links to the rest of the country.
At Portsmouth City Council we’re all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city, but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 7,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city.
From customer service to multi-million-pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Through Health and Care Portsmouth, a partnership of local organisations, we are working together to change the way we provide health and social care. Our vision is to support people to live healthy, safe and independent lives by developing and offering services that are joined up and provided in the right place, at the right time. https://healthandcare.portsmouth.gov.uk/about/
Within Adult's care and support, we are in the process of further developing our services to ensure that we are delivering a person centred and strengths-based approach. Leaders and staff at all levels will be engaged in this work, to study, redesign, and continuously improve our offer.
We are looking for Qualified Social Workers with a range of experience who can support us on our improvement journey. You will need to be able operate with a level of autonomy and authority using a wide range of evidence-based social work interventions and tools. You will consistently demonstrate a high level of competence and confidence in the full range of social work tasks, particularly in relation to Adult Safeguarding, adults with complex care and support needs, mental capacity assessments, DoLS and partnership working.
You will work with adults in need of care & support and their carer's, identifying the needs the service user prioritises and creating an assessment of their needs and a support plan based on this.
In return we can offer you a supportive management team, learning and development opportunities and an opportunity to shape the way we deliver services.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be a Social Worker registered with Social Work England and be passionate about putting people at the heart of what you do, understanding the needs of the client group as well as promoting, and supporting individuals' rights and choices.
- Be fully conversant with the Care Act, the Mental Capacity Act, Adult Safeguarding legislation, and other applicable legislation.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in collaboration with and communicate effectively with service users, staff, peers, professionals, and more senior leaders to ensure we deliver a robust, accountable offer to those that access our service.
Please read the job profile for the full details of this role
What you'll get in return
We really appreciate our employees and fully realise they are essential to our success and look to offer an inclusive, supportive working environment where employees can reach their potentials with a healthy work life balance, offering the following rewards:
- Generous annual leave (27 days per year rising to 31, pro rata for part time hours) with the potential to purchase additional leave.
- A fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return.
- Flexible working hours.
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities including apprenticeships.
- Extensive wellbeing support through the Employee Assistance Programme
- Discount on travel, travel loans and the bike loan scheme.
- Discounts on a wide range of goods and services – access a range of discounts and offers from thousands of restaurants, shops and more.
Staff rewards: https://careers.portsmouth.gov.uk/working-for-the-council/
The full job profile is attached here.
Contact Details for an Informal Discussion please contact:
Neil Howarth firstname.lastname@example.org Tel - (023) 9268 8483
We are a disability confident employer - committed to ensuring that our recruitment and selection process is inclusive and accessible and welcome applications from all areas of society.
Remember to demonstrate why you are suitable against each of the points described in the 'Who is the Person' points on the Job Profile using examples from your experience or transferable skills. This might be through qualifications or descriptive examples from your work / personal experience, which clearly illustrates what you did and the effect it had.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on their ability to use good examples that meet the criteria of this role.
You may wish to attach an additional letter or document to supplement you application.
You will need to demonstrate that you have the Right to Work in the UK. No post will be offered without it.
We will email applicants from time to time; please ensure you check e-mail folders as sometimes our e-mails may go into spam/junk folders.
Should you require any support in completing the application form please contact email@example.com