The starting salary for this role is £27,897 per annum based on a 36-hour working week (pro-rata for part-time staff).
We are excited to be hiring a new Senior Business Support Assistant to join our fantastic Contracts & Business Support Team.
The position while based in Guildford is of a hybrid nature, offering scope to develop administrative skills and grow an understanding of the broad range of commissioned services that SCC (Surrey County Council) provides to service users.
What we can offer you:
- 26 days annual leave with the option to also buy additional leave if required (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - superb opportunities for development
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit our website.
About the role
The position is a varied one providing the opportunity to develop Finance related skills and offers a variety of training and self-development opportunities supporting the Councils commitment to establish a positive working culture that embraces innovation and offers career pathways across all departments. The Team is spread over several sites with remote working also promoted.
Within our Commissioning Support team, you will perform a range of tasks using standard technology and will be confident in the use of various Microsoft Applications programs especially regarding Word, Excel and Outlook, along with other bespoke systems. Daily tasks will include monitoring duty boxes, arranging meetings, official documents usually via emails, running reports, processing payments and time administration tasks. While you will be following SCC processes you will also need to use your own initiative where necessary.
In your application, we would love to hear about your experiences/knowledge related to;
- Software Applications Programs you have used
- Your excellent communication skills, including written communication
- Your experience in regards to information governance
- Your ability to prioritise your workload to meet a range of deadlines, ensuring the smooth running of the team
- Any Ad Hoc Administrative Experiences you feel relevant to the post
- Qualifications to a minimum of 5 GCSE at Grade C or above including English and Maths or equivalent
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26/09/2023.
Interviews will take place between 4th - 6th October 2023. As part of the interview process, shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a test remotely to be completed in advance of the interview.
We look forward to receiving your application and personal statement, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.