Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster, along with Elstree and Pinewood a short drive away.
We are now looking for a Domestic Abuse Caseworker to join our team on a full-time basis for a 22 month fixed-term contract, working 37 hours per week.
- Salary of £30,151- £32,020 per annum, excluding London Weighting
- 28 days' holiday (pro rata) - rising to 30 days (if applicable)
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Access to discounted activities and days out
This is an amazing opportunity for a compassionate and resilient individual with experience of working with the public and dealing with potentially stressful and emotive situations to join our friendly team.
If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, this is a brilliant chance to develop new skills in an organisation that puts your professional development first.
In this highly rewarding role, you’ll have the chance to support victims of domestic abuse to access safe accommodation and build a brighter future for themselves.
What’s more, we operate at the heart of our community and our excellent benefits will help you maximise your personal life and give you the time to explore your passions and interests!
As a Domestic Abuse Caseworker, you will manage a caseload of customers who engage with our Housing Service due to being victims of domestic abuse.
Working alongside our Housing Options Officers and external partners, you’ll carry out risk assessments and provide safety planning, support, advice and assistance to ensure the best possible outcomes for our customers.
You’ll ensure that victims of domestic abuse are aware of our full range of housing options, supporting them to keep safe and access accommodation.
Additionally, you will:
- Represent the Council at relevant meetings
- Conduct office interviews, home visits and make further enquiries where necessary
- Respond to queries from customers
- Remain up to date with relevant legislation, ensuring compliance with GDPR requirements
To be considered as a Domestic Abuse Caseworker, you will need:
- Experience of working with members of the public
- Experience of dealing with customers in potentially stressful and emotive circumstances
- The ability to build and develop effective partnership working relationships
- An understanding of the needs of victims of domestic abuse and their housing needs
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- To be educated to at least GCSE standard including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in IT, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Please note, you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check for this role.
The closing date for this role is the 25th September 2023.
Interviews will be held on the 5th and 6th October 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Outreach Worker, Domestic Violence and Abuse Worker, Social Worker, DVA, IDVA, Domestic Violence Advisor, Independent Domestic Violence Advisor, Domestic Abuse Practitioner, Domestic Abuse Support Worker, Support Worker, or Specialist Support Worker.
Webrecruit and Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to make a difference in people’s lives as a Domestic Abuse Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.