Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster, along with Elstree and Pinewood a short drive away.
We are now looking for two Housing Options Officers to join our Housing Services Team on a full-time basis, working 37 hours per week. There are two roles available, one is a permanent role and the second is a 22 month fixed term contract.
- Salary of £30,151- £34,723 per annum, excluding London weighting
- 28 days' holiday (pro rata) - rising to 30 days (if applicable)
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Access to discounted activities and days out
This is the perfect opportunity for an individual with exceptional customer service skills and a background working in housing to join our fantastic team!
In this highly rewarding role, you’ll play a vital role in preventing homelessness in our district, improving lives and creating brighter futures.
What’s more, if you’re looking to take your career to the next level, this is a brilliant chance to develop new skills in an organisation that puts your professional development first.
So, if you’re ready to apply your expertise to a role with a difference, we would love to hear from you!
As a Housing Options Officer, you will provide housing assistance to our customers throughout our district.
Providing great customer service, you will offer advice and answer housing-related queries, working to prevent homelessness by assisting customers with their options, providing a professional, sensitive and confidential service.
You will also process homelessness applications, assist clients in using the online application system, and attend rough sleepers sightings to provide assistance.
To be considered as a Housing Options Officer, you will need:
- Experience of working with members of the public
- Experience of working in a customer service and/or housing background
- Experience of dealing with customers in a stressful environment and the ability to calm potentially explosive situations
- Experience of effective partnership-working
- The ability to deal sensitively and professionally with members of the public
- The ability to manage a caseload with detailed and complex investigations
- Outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with excellent communication skills
- Competence in IT systems, including MS Office
- To be educated to at least GCSE standard (or equivalent) including in English and Maths
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own transport
The closing date for application is 25th September 2023.
Other organisations might call this role Housing Advice Officer, Housing Officer, or Housing Advisor.
Webrecruit and Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to make a difference to people’s lives as a Housing Options Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.