The starting salary for this position is £38,746 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
This role is offered as a 12 month fixed-term contract or secondment opportunity.
These roles are open to remote working meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week. In support of our people and our greener futures strategies, we'd welcome a conversation with the successful candidate on what remote working may look like for you.
Join our team as a Systems Development & Training Officer at Surrey County Council!
At Surrey County Council we're on a mission to enhance the way our community interacts with our Early Years and Education System (EYES). As a key member of our team, you'll help shape the future of EYES, making sure it's not just a system, but a seamless experience for all users-both within and outside the council.
What you'll do
As part of the System Development, Support and Training Team you'll be right at the heart of the action - working alongside a dynamic team that's committed to making a real difference. Here's a glimpse of what you'll be up to:
- Collaborate with our Training Lead to address learning needs and roll out our comprehensive learning strategy
- Put your creativity to work as you design, develop and deliver engaging learning experiences. We're not looking for a traditional trainer-your knack for innovative blended learning solutions will be key
- Team up with project leads, subject matter experts and suppliers to solve business problems and ensure learners get exactly what they need
- Play a proactive role in promoting our education recording systems (EYES) working alongside practitioners and managers. Your insights will help them harness the power of the Education system to elevate our front-line services
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the board. Your ability to collaborate will make sure everyone's voice is heard
What we're looking for
We're looking for someone who embraces the value of collaboration, innovation and adaptability. If you've got these qualities, along with the following, we want to hear from you:
- Practical experience of working as a trainer on large business system implementation projects
- Creativity in designing and delivering blended learning solutions that are engaging and serve an agile workforce
- Excellent IT skills including, MS Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- Flexibility to work alongside colleagues in different offices across the Surrey area
Why join us:
You'll have the chance to shape the future of education services in our community, working with a team that values your insights and a council that's committed to your growth.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26th September 2023 with interviews to follow.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.