Hammonds Residential Home are looking for a Senior Support Worker to join our team. We are passionate about getting the people we care for out into the local community and active as much as is possible for them. We offer lots of activities and fun days out to make each day as unique as those we care for, find out more below...
About The Job
Salary: £19,169 - £21,012 pro rata (£28,371 - £31,099 FTE)
Working Pattern: 25hours p/w shifts are based on a 4-week rolling rota with enhanced pay for weekend working & bank holidays
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Hammonds, Bognor Regis
To become a Senior Support Worker with us you will be:
- An experienced Support Worker.
- Passionate about supporting people to be the best they can be.
- Empowering people to live the life they choose.
- Supporting people to have the opportunities to learn and grow.
- A good listener, patient, respectful, kind and treat all people with dignity.
- Ensure people have opportunity to be involved in every aspect of their care and support.
- Support people to maintain relationships important to them and to make new ones.
- Support people to maintain their health.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, take a look at the attached job description for more detail.
Reward and Benefits
Our values and support for one another is intrinsic to everything we do and will be a key priority within the assessment for this post. We care hugely about wellbeing, allowing time for a good work/life balance, and developing our team to be the best they can be. Alongside this, we also offer the below benefits.
- Maternity, paternity, dependency, and adoption leave.
- Training and development opportunities, including apprenticeships and personal development.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme, 21.37% employer contribution
- Eligible to apply for a Blue light card
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
- As a support worker will be given online and face to face training throughout the year.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
Here at Hammonds, we provide specialist care for up to 16 residents and up to 4 people in our respite home. We are a home for adults with learning disabilities and we prioritise helping everyone have as much independence as they are able and to feel connected to the community around them.
Our Support Workers provide tailored care to the people they care for and we actively take them out to a range of activities from swimming to trips to the pub, to holidays to Euro Disney. We develop the activities around the individuals and what they are passionate or interested in. This allows for unique and personal care plans and ensures that no day is the same for our Support Workers or those we care for.
Why not have a look at our dedicated Careers in adults' residential services, day opportunities and shared lives webpage to learn more about the difference you can make!
Please note these will be used as the shortlisting criteria. If you wish to apply to this role please read the attached job description
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills, in order to record and document activities in the provider support plans.
- Basic understanding of the needs of the people we support and their rights as an individual.
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practice, First Aid and Fire procedure, Manual Handling - Desirable
- NVQ 2/Diploma in Care or equivalent qualification - Desirable
- Previous experience of working in a care setting and with people who have a disability or are vulnerable - Desirable
- Previous experience of running group activities - Desirable
Upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you refer to the key skills listed in the job description. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.