The opportunity and context
Exciting Opportunity Alert! Join us as a Programme Manager for Peterborough Station Quarter
Are you ready to lead an ambitious project that's all about making life better, healthier, and fairer for our community in Peterborough? Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority is on the lookout for a dynamic Programme Manager to oversee the Peterborough Station Quarter Levelling up Fund 2 scheme.
The role is full time, on a fixed-term basis (three years contract). The role comes with a competitive salary of £62,242.20 to 75,645.67 per annum depending upon experience.
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority works with our local councils, the Business Board (Local Enterprise Partnership), local public services, Government departments and agencies, universities and businesses to grow the local and national economy.
Our mission is to make life better, healthier, and fairer for all. We strive to serve our community by working cooperatively and leading with compassion. We are aiming for growth – but good growth. We want to close the gap in healthy life expectancy and salaries, increase access to employment and education, protect our environment and boost innovation.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work, where people can thrive both as individuals and as part of a brilliant team.
What we need
We are looking to recruit a Programme Manager for Peterborough Station Quarter for overseeing the development and delivery of the Peterborough Station Quarter Levelling Up Fund 2 scheme. It’s an ambitious project working across multiple public sector partners, performing a strategic client function.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the successful delivery of the Peterborough Station Quarter (PSQ) project in line with the Authority’s wider objectives and aspirations. Peterborough Station Quarter will be delivered via public and private sector partner organisations, spanning the entire project lifecycle from feasibility and business case development through to design and construction.
- Drive high quality project planning discipline and outcomes across the project ensuring individual phase/workstream plans are synchronised into an integrated programme level plan.
- Work closely with the project team and workstream managers to manage risks and issues, ensuring project-level risks, issues and dependencies are escalated to programme level where appropriate.
- Proactively support the political governance of the Authority through member engagement, briefings and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with the Authority’s monitoring and evaluation framework.
- Work collaboratively across the Authority’s teams to ensure co-ordinated and coherent delivery.
- Deliver continuous improvement and high-quality governance across the project, in particular ensuring that the Project Board functions smoothly and effectively.
What we are looking for:
- Strong track record of project planning and delivery on large complex transport projects; able to successfully drive new, complex and/or multidisciplinary projects throughout the full project life-cycle from initiation and scoping to closure with sound commercial and procurement skills. Ideally, this experience will extend to both road and rail projects.
- Extensive experience in the highways and transportation sector covering areas such as:
Transport policy, business case development and strategic transport planning
Public consultation and Statutory Consent processes
Design development and construction
- Experience of managing projects involving cross functional roles, external advisory and delivery support from other organisations and consultancy services
- Successful track record at management level within an organisation of comparable scope and complexity
- Degree level or equivalent standard of general education
- Professional qualifications, such IEng, CEng, TPP, APM, are highly desirable.
As part of our commitment to promoting equality and diversity, we invite you to complete our voluntary Equal Opportunities Questionnaire Form. Your participation in this process is entirely optional and will not impact your application in any way. The information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used for internal monitoring purposes. Please click on the link to complete Equal Opportunities Questionnaire Form.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Programme Manager Peterborough Station Quarter then please find the recruitment pack here then email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org now – We’d love to hear from you!