Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster, along with Elstree and Pinewood a short drive away.
We are now looking for two Housing Advisors to join us on a full-time basis working 37 hours per week. There are two roles available, one is a permanent role and the second is a 22 month fixed term contract.
- Salary of £27,852- £29,439 per annum, excluding London weighting
- 28 days' holiday - rising to 30 days (if applicable)
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Career development
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes
- Access to discounted activities and days out
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high-calibre customer service professional with experience of working with the public to join our friendly team.
If you’re looking to take your career to the next level, this is a brilliant chance to develop new skills in an organisation that puts your professional development first.
In this highly rewarding role, your work will give homeless people the stepping stone they need to get into safe accommodation and build a brighter future for themselves.
What’s more, we operate at the heart of our community and our excellent benefits will help you maximise your personal life and give you the time to explore your passions and interests!
As a Housing Advisor, you will deliver high-quality housing advice, assistance and assessments for homeless customers who approach our Housing Options team.
Acting as a first point of contact, you will complete initial assessments, provide housing advice and allocate temporary accommodation.
You will liaise with the Housing Supply Officer and respond to enquiries from customers and housing suppliers.
Additionally, you will:
- Process online Housing Register applications
- Ensure information on our systems is accurate
- Conduct home visits
To be considered as a housing Advisor, you will need:
- Experience of working with members of the public
- An understanding of the needs of customers needing housing assistance
- The ability to deal sensitively with members of the public
- The ability to build effective partnership working relationships
- The ability to manage and organise conflicting deadlines
- Good IT skills including MS Office, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A full, valid driving licence and your own transport
Please note, you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check for this role.
Webrecruit and Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to make a difference to people’s lives as a Housing Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.