Our Community Occupational Therapy teams work with people over the age of 25 who predominantly have physical disabilities. We undertake assessments either by phone or in person. Much of the work is promoting independence for the people we see and ensuring that we work in a strengths-based way. This may be through sign-posting, the use of techniques, equipment or looking at adaptations to the home. You will be involved in cases requiring moving and handling and often looking at supporting major adaptations.
Why not have a look at our dedicated Occupational Therapist website to learn more!
About The Job
Salary: £43,516 to £46,549 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week) Part-time will be considered
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Worthing, Littlehampton | Shoreham-by-Sea
Are you passionate about working with Adults and want to use your core skills as a Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist?
We're looking for passionate, enthusiastic and motivated professionals to join our Occupational Therapy Teams!
As a Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist, you will:
- Undertake complex strength-based assessment.
- Provide expertise to residents of West Sussex and other social care professionals.
- Use evidence-based practice to deliver positive outcomes.
- Focus on preventing, reducing and delaying the need for care and support
- Provide advice, information, equipment and adaptation to promote wellbeing and independence
- Work alongside the Community Occupational Therapy Team Manager, you will provide Occupational Therapy expertise, professional supervision and support to colleagues
Why chose West Sussex County Council?
- Work as part of a strong and dynamic Occupational Therapy service.
- Regular specialist supervision and an enhanced pay offer.
- Reflective and Best Practice Occupational Therapy groups held monthly.
- Access to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) monies for training and development linked to Occupational Therapy.
- Specialist Moving and Handling Team which is unique to West Sussex County Council
- Excellent progression structure to support your career aspirations
- Surrounded by national trails, charming villages, historic castles and action-packed outdoor activities and strong travel connections to urban centres and London.
A full job description can be found attached at the bottom of the advert.
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04126.
For queries regarding the role in the Communities Team - Please contact or
How to Apply:
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration or HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!