Saint Edmund’s and Saint Thomas’ Catholic Primary School
Oxford Road, Waterloo, Liverpool L22 8QF
Tel 0151 928 5586 Fax 0151 928 4352
Required as soon as possible
Part Time Welfare Assistant (Lunchtime Supervisor) x 2
Grade B, Spine Point 2
1.5 hrs per day 11.45 to 1.15 (7.5 hours per week) Term time
The Governors of Saint Edmund’s and Saint Thomas’ Catholic Primary School wish to appoint 2 Welfare Assistants to join our dedicated and enthusiastic team and to contribute to the health and wellbeing of our children during lunch times.
We can offer:
- A caring and supporting ethos
- A happy and positive school
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and hardworking pupils and a very supportive parent body
- A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff team
- School leadership team, staff and governance strongly committed to continuous improvement.
- Opportunities to further your professional development and improve your practice
- Strong supportive school community with strong parish links
We are looking for:
The successful candidate would:
- To supervise the canteen/lunch areas at meal times under the guidance of the management of the school.
- To supervise the playground/outside play area during the lunchtime period.
- To supervise indoors during wet lunchtimes.
- To implement the school behaviour policy during the lunchtime.
- To work as part of the lunchtime team and to support colleagues where appropriate.
- To assist in providing general care and welfare to children.
- To help the children organise games and help them to play appropriately.
- To supervise and control groups of children.
- To contribute to the maintenance of a safe environment for the children
Application forms attached to advertisement. Visits by prior appointment are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school on 0151 928 5586 or e mail admin.StEdmundsandStThomas@schools.sefton.gov.uk
This school is committed to safeguarding children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified.
CLOSING DATE Friday 29th September 2023
INTERVIEW DATE W/C 9th October 2023
How to Apply
Please return the completed application forms to email@example.com. Visits to the school are welcome, contact the office to arrange on 0151 928 5586.