Are you passionate about democracy and ensuring the smooth execution of the electoral processes?
This post will be involved in a range of activities to support the work of the Democratic and Electoral Services team, with a particular focus on electoral services work.
Join our team as an Electoral Services Support Assistant and play a pivotal role in facilitating the fundamental right to vote.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to carry out a range of activities within electoral and democratic procedures to support the work of the Electoral Services team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Voter registration – Assisting in maintaining accurate voter registration records, including data entry and verification.
- Election logistics – Support the planning, organisation and coordination of election events.
- Voter communication – Respond to inquiries from voters, candidates and other stakeholders.
- Documentation – Prepare and maintain documentation relating to the electoral processes, ensuring compliance with regulations and policies
- Data management – Manage voter databases, ensuring data integrity and confidentiality.
Location – Based at Town Hall in Weston-super-Mare, with the opportunity for some home working.
Please be aware that during election periods, the role will require additional working hours outside of the normal office schedule including evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will:
- have good oral and written communication
- have a strong attention to detail
- be able to work to deadlines
- be to work accurately under pressure
- have good interpersonal & team working skills
- be organised and methodical
- be able to work on own initiative
- be IT skills/computer literate
- be able to comply with relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Samantha Usher, Electoral Services Manager, on 01275 885557.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 27 September 2023.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council – Open, Fairer, Greener.