The starting salary for this role is £34,356 per annum for working 36 hours per week. This role is offered as a 12-month secondment or fixed-term contract with the potential to extend.
This role is open to hybrid working meaning you aren't required in the office 5 days a week. The work-base location is nominally Woodhatch Place in Reigate but requires flexibility to sometimes work throughout Surrey, East Sussex and Brighton and Hove as determined by the requirements of the project.
The Project Delivery team within the IT and Digital Service at Surrey County Council plays a central role in delivering projects to enable our workforce to deliver new and improved services for our residents.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Lead to support the Windows 11 Programme. With experience of managing a portfolio of similar projects, you will focus on supporting the Readiness Phase in preparation for the upgrade to Windows 11 and later a Device Rollout.
To be considered for interview, your application will clearly evidence:
- Experience of managing or supporting similar upgrade projects such as Windows 10 and/or Device Rollouts.
- A practical understanding of test management and test practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to gather and assess complex information.
- A practical understanding of agile methodologies and project management principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and senior stakeholders.
- Experience of coordinating day-to-day programme and project delivery through effective administrative support.
- Business analysis techniques and an understanding of solutions implementation, IT infrastructure and upgrades as well as an appreciation of a Programme Office and resource management tools and processes.
If you're looking for a role that combines meaningful projects and impactful contributions, we'd love to hear from you.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 21/09/2023.
Interviews will take place week commencing 25th September 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days' annual leave and a generous local government salary related pension. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit the advert on the employer site.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.