Job Title: Technical Infrastructure 3rd Line Engineer (P2070)
Salary: £42,159 - £46,158 inclusive annual salary + up to 19.7% employer pension contribution Pay increase pending
Post: Full-time (37 hours/week)
Location: Hybrid working
Annual Leave: 30.5 days, plus public bank holidays
Service Area: IT
Closing date for applications: 21st September 2023
Interviews are scheduled for w/c: 2nd October 2023
St Albans is a unique English Cathedral City with a colourful history which can be seen in the Roman remains and variety of beautiful architecture, heritage sites and conservation areas. Set within green belt, off the M25, A1M and M1 the District includes a cathedral, vibrant city centre and thriving villages. Our centrally located offices in the city are near to the station (London St Pancras 20 minutes), shops and restaurants. In short it is a great place to live and work.
As a Technical Infrastructure 3rd Line Engineer, you will be responsible for a range of duties including:
• Administering Microsoft 365 Exchange online, Azure AD, SharePoint and Teams (essential)
• Scripting (Batch, PowerShell etc) (essential)
• Deploying software and patching using Microsoft Configuration manager (essential)
• Take ownership of technical problems and see through to resolution, even when passed to third parties.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group policy, DNS and DHCP (essential)
• Networking - LAN, WAN, Firewalls (essential)
• Windows Server & VM support (essential)
• Nutanix AHV (Desirable)
• Vulnerability and compliance awareness (Security) (essential)
• Maintaining backups, DR, and storage.
• Technical documentation and policy writing
• We are looking for candidates who have experience in a similar position, or who are willing to learn and grow with us.
• Applicants must be educated to degree level, or with relevant experience of working within a Windows environment.
• Strong customer focus.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, evidenced via previous work experience or technical.
• Ability to work and communicate with people at all levels.
• Experience of Microsoft Office applications.
• An active knowledge of information technology, and a passion for keeping up to date with the latest technologies. Desire to learn new skills and progress professionally.
• Positive approach to new problems.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
In addition to working within a great team and a comprehensive salary you will have access to:
• 30.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Local Government Pension Scheme with current employer contribution up to 19.7% employer contributions
• Flexible working options including hybrid
• Staff Parking Permit
• Training and career development opportunities.
• Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres.
• Travel discount and welfare support.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Leon Thomas, ICT Technical and Infrastructure Manager on 07557 582194.
For full details visit www.stalbans.gov.uk or email email@example.com or telephone (01727) 819251 stating your details and the post reference number.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient and suitable applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.