West Berkshire Council, based at Birchwood Care Home offices, is seeking a motivated and experienced Clinical Lead to join our dedicated team. Reporting to the Registered Manager, this role offers an excellent opportunity to lead and influence the provision of high-quality care within our Adult Social Care Service.
- As the Clinical Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the clinical aspects of care, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and best practice standards.
- You will work closely with the Registered Manager and other healthcare professionals to ensure the delivery of person-centered care plans tailored to the individual needs of our residents.
- You will provide clinical guidance and support to staff, promoting a culture of continuous improvement and professional development.
- You will collaborate with external partners, such as healthcare providers and local authorities, to ensure effective service delivery and foster strong working relationships.
Skills and attributes:
- Current registration as a healthcare professional with a recognized clinical body, such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council or the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Significant experience working within a clinical leadership role in a care setting, preferably within social care or a related field.
- Strong understanding of relevant legislation and regulations, ensuring adherence to safeguarding procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build rapport with residents, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- A commitment to continuous learning and personal development, keeping abreast of relevant research and best practices in the field.
Why work for West Berkshire Council?
- Competitive salary of up to £43,516 (pro rata if part-time), working 37 hours a week.
- Flexible working arrangements to help achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities to enhance your professional growth.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Family-friendly policies.
- A range of local discounts, making your salary go further.
- Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistance Programme and employee benefits
-You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 29 days per annum (plus public holidays) Rising by an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
To find out more about this exciting role and the opportunities West Berkshire Council can offer, please contact Jennifer Bunce on 01635 519111 for an informal discussion.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. West Berkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to Apply
Please complete an online application form.
Where possible please use Google Chrome as your preferred internet browser to complete your online application form. This system no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer as a browser which will cause issues when trying to submit your application.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://info.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications