Do you have a talent for delivering projects? Are you a strong communicator with the ability to connect effectively with a diverse range of individuals? Do you have a passion for sustainability and want to be an integral part of making Brighton and Hove more sustainable?
This role for an Electric Vehicle Project Manager is new and exciting and is in our newly formed and developing Parking Services Electric Vehicle Charging Team. You will be transforming the Transport network in the city by developing a long-term strategy for Electric Vehicle Charging. Your job will have a direct influence on the creation of a more sustainable city through reduced vehicle emissions and reduction in carbon output.
This is a hybrid working role, where you will also be required to visit installation sites around the city.
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion please email:
Paul Nicholls, Strategy and Contracts Manager
About the role
Parking Strategy and Contracts Team is an essential function to delivering a customer focused, modern Parking Service that continuously improves with a focus on meeting the Carbon Neutrality 2030 objective for the service. The Team supports the wider Parking Service functions by providing key insights into performance analysis both externally and internally. The Strategy & Contracts Team have a wealth of experience delivering Electric vehicle charging points. Brighton & Hove City Council are 4th in the country for charge points per user and have a track record of working on innovative research projects to help shape the future of EV charging.
Your main tasks in this role will include:
- Directly responsible for the delivery of on-street Electric Vehicle charging points in the city.
- Responsible for the effective management of specific high profile parking projects delivering lamp post, fast and rapid Electric Vehicle charging points in the city.
- Managing the new Electric Vehicle Charging Team including direct line Management of 2 Senior Project Officers and 1 Project Support Officer. The team will be required to deliver Lamp post, fast and rapid Electric Vehicle Charging points across the city.
- Identifying suitable areas of the city to host the charging points and coordinating the installation of accessible Electric Vehicle Charging points
- Understanding of the needs of different users on the transport network through engagement with key stakeholders whilst the councils carbon neutrality strategy.
- Creating and delivering a first class, customer focused Electric Vehicle strategy covering a wide range of topics.
- Planning and implementing the strategy and developing policies to deliver, maintainand continually improve the public Electric Vehicle Charging infrastructure.
- workingclosely with the Parking Strategy and Contracts Manager to procure, deliver, and manage the range of contractors needed to deliver Electric Vehicle Charging in Brighton & Hove.
- Working with a variety of stakeholders including residents, councillors, disabled groups, car clubs and EV drivers ensuring contract management processes and protocols are operating effectively, including attending regular contract meetings, to ensure contract effectiveness project deliver and on high level negotiations.
If you are someone with the following skills, we are keen to hear from you:
- Strong and inclusive communicator able to develop and maintain relationships with senior level contractors, key business and internal partners.
- Dedicated to delivering a customer focused service for our diverse city.
- Comfortable working in a highly technical environment where emerging technology is used to manage and collect a variety of data to gain a detailed insight into Contracts you manage.
- Able to present complex, technical information in a way that is inclusive and easy to understand for a varied audience.
Large scale project management experience including the experience of leading Senior Project Officers.
As part of your application, you will need to complete your education and work history and provide answers to some shortlisting questions. Your answers to the shortlisting questions are the most important part of your application as they will be used in the shortlisting process to assess whether you meet the essential requirements for the role that are set out in the person specification and to decide whether you should be offered an interview. Before you start your application, please read our guidance here (Shortlisting questions guidance (brighton-hove.gov.uk)) as this gives important advice which will increase your chance of success in the shortlisting process.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
We offer the opportunity for the suitable candidate to choose to work in a hybrid way. Your specific working arrangements will be subject to team and service working arrangements already in place alongside Government guidance. Your contractual location will be the designated council office for your team and travel to and from your contractual location would be at your own expense.
For more information about our values and the benefits of working at the council, visit Why work for us (brighton-hove.gov.uk)
Encouraging a diverse workforce
Our city is known and loved for its diversity. Not only is the mixture of people, culture and skills vital to the economic and social development of the city, it's what makes Brighton & Hove such a great place to live, work and visit. We are committed to developing and retaining a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities we serve so we welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds. In order to achieve our aims of proportionate representation, we particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans.
Find out more about our commitment to being a fair and inclusive place to work where everyone can achieve their potential by reading about our fair and inclusive actions, our anti-racism strategy and the work we are doing to encourage a diverse workforce (brighton-hove.gov.uk).