Early Years Teacher - Full time
Main Pay Scale
Maternity cover for January 2024 (or November 2023 if available)
Victoria Park Nursery School is an outstanding local authority maintained school based in central Newbury. We are looking an early years teacher ideally QTS, but will consider EYTS or EYPS to join our team from January 2024 (or earlier if available) as a maternity cover. This role is based with our 2-3 year old group. We would be happy to support an ECT.
• A reflective practitioner with good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage?
• Flexible enough to fit quickly into our staff team?
• Someone with an open positive attitude and excellent communication skills?
• Happy to work outdoors in all weathers?
We can offer you
• A warm, positive and caring ethos with children at the heart of all we do.
• Planning which is child-led and “in the moment”.
• Excellent support, CPD, shared planning and collaborative working.
• Commitment to work/life balance.
• The opportunity to join our outstanding school and help us to build on our achievements.
This appointment is expected to last until 15th November 2024. However, the school cannot confirm exactly how long the absence will last but is unlikely to be more than 52 weeks. The school cannot guarantee any minimum or maximum period of employment and it is a condition of this contract that you agree when the employee returns, your employment will terminate.
You can find an application form and the Criminal Records Self Disclosure form for completion on our website www.victoriapark.w-berks.sch.uk. An application pack with the job description and person specification can be obtained by contacting Jo Fagan on 01635 886031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Closing date for applications: By 9am Monday 9 October 2023
Interview date: Monday 16th October 2023
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment and is in line with the guidance in KCSIE. All shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a criminal records self-disclosure form. Successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks including online searches help to identify any incidents and/or issues which may be relevant to your suitability for the role, which the school may want to explore further with you.