Are you passionate about delivering good Customer Service?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
Can you make a positive, lasting impression for our customers and visitors?
- experienced in helping customers, a good communicator able to solve problems and to handle a diverse range of enquiries?
- self-motivated, confident, and someone who enjoys making a positive contribution to a team?
- willing to learn and able to adapt positively to change?
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a journey to improve the service that we provide to our customers, then we would invite you to read on….
What it’s like working here…
Bracknell Forest is a great place to live and work and we have high ambitions for the area. The first stage of redevelopment of our town centre is complete with future expansion already planned. Now is an exciting time to join us and to be a part of a dynamic and changing organisation.
You will be a member of the Customer Services team dedicated to providing support and advice to our customers and visitors. Whilst the role will be challenging on occasions and will require the ability to multi-task, the sense of working as part of a team to help others is both satisfying and rewarding.
We will support you to…
- develop your knowledge of the Council
- deliver the highest quality of service to customers and visitors as a first point of contact
- develop the skills required to support visitor interactions and service requests using a variety of IT systems and tools.
The benefits you will experience are…
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
An organised, flexible, and competent individual who can quickly build rapport with visitors. An individual who can question effectively to assess the correct course of action and who can relay clear and concise instructions. Someone who will deliver a professional and efficient service using a variety of supporting IT systems and tools. Someone who will build relationships with our teams and will contribute to the continuous improvement of our reception service.
The role is a part-time, job share, working on a opposite shift to a receptionist colleague covering a roster of 08:30 - 12:45 and 12:45 – 17:00. The receptionists will be expected to provide cover for each other’s planned absence.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 11 October 2023
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact our Customer Services Operations Managers on 01344 352000 or
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
We can only accept applications from candidates currently residing in the UK.
Any candidates that are currently residing in the UK and wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.