Are you an experienced Planning Policy Officer?
At Rutland, we care passionately about planning positively for the sustainable growth of the County and are looking to enhance our Planning Policy team to deliver our Local Plan. You will be joining the team at a crucial time in the delivery of our ambitious plans for growth, giving you the opportunity to further your knowledge and experience supporting development that will bring significant change to the County.
- Qualified to degree level in planning or a related subject.
- Good knowledge of current planning issues and legislation, and the processes followed in local government.
- An understanding and practical experience of working with Local Plans, Section 106 and the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- Strong IT skills, ideally with experience of using mapping and GIS tools.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
About the role…
As the Planning Policy Officer you will be part of a professional, customer orientated team, contributing to the provision of a comprehensive planning service. Other duties include:
- To support the Planning Policy Team in the preparation, monitoring, and review of all relevant planning policies within Rutland, especially the Local Plan.
- To assist in the preparation of specific aspects of the Local Plan as required
- To provide technical support to assist with the preparation, consultation and monitoring of other planning policy strategic and guidance as well as the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and Section 106 Agreements.
- To assist with the preparation of the Authority Monitoring Report and undertake research into policy and information relating to Rutland, the region and LEP area.
As this is a career graded role, your continued commitment to your professional development will be rewarded with ongoing opportunities to develop new skills and will be recognised through pay progression. Your starting salary within the scale will reflect your qualifications and experience to date.
Planning Policy Officer interviews will be held week commencing 9th October 2023. Exact date to be confirmed.
Please be advised this could be subject to change, in which case we will give appropriate notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a regular basis and inviting those who meet our essential person specification criteria to interview. If you’re interested in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply without delay.
Our offer to you:
Rutland Council is committed to Flexible Working and understands the benefits of supporting employees to manage their work and life balance, whilst meeting the needs of the service.
We are committed to supporting and empowering our staff to be the best workers that they can be and Rutland Council is the place you want to be. Our benefits go beyond the salary – being part of a great team, excellent Local Government Pension, generous annual leave, opportunities to learn and develop your career, and a demonstrable commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff.
Whilst the base for this post is Oakham, Rutland, the Local Authority offers a hybrid working practice. As well as working from home, we feel it is important that you have the opportunity to spend time in the workplace with your colleagues to help you learn, develop and engage.
Find out more:
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Roger Ranson, Planning Policy and Housing Manager on 01572 758278 or at email@example.com.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process, please call us on 01572 758349 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.
How to Apply
To apply for this role click on the ‘Apply Online’ button below. If you already have a JGP account you will be asked to login, or alternatively if you don’t have an account you will be guided through the set up process.
Access to an account is necessary as all updates regarding your application will be sent via the JGP site to the email you have registered.
Once you have access to your JGP account you will be able to complete the application form in stages, saving and amending it until you are happy to the submit your completed application. You should use the Personal Statement section to demonstrate how you meet the requirements set out in the role profile attached.
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758349 or email us at email@example.com