Two-year fixed term role with an opportunity to extend subject to funding
This an opportunity for a talented individual with a passion for action on the climate agenda to join a team of practitioners to grow their experience working on real projects.
Our vision is to create a fairer, stronger and cleaner city region. Somewhere we can all be proud of, where no one is left behind. To make our vision a reality we’re looking for people, from all walks of life, who reflect the diversity of our communities, feel connected to our vision, and who role model our three behaviours.
The Combined Authority is led by Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram and brings together Liverpool City Region's six local authorities – Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral – to tackle the big issues that matter to us all, together.
We work together to make investments in areas that have a real impact on our communities, such as transport, employment, culture, digital and housing.
Our aim is to ensure that everyone benefits from the decisions we make. We want to create an environment which allows our economy to thrive for the good of everyone who lives and works in Liverpool City Region.
The North West Net Zero Hub Team is a group of project development, energy and environmental sector professionals who lead on some of the most exciting and transformational projects across the North West. The Team is based within the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority engaging with partners in the North West and Nationwide.
You will play a key part in supporting the Local Energy Lead in the Liverpool City Region, working with the Investment and Delivery Team and other Combined Authority and Local Authority Departments to develop project proposals, seek funding and make the case for action to decision makers, raising awareness and promoting Net Zero ambitions and outcomes.
Key role and responsibilities:
- Support the Net Zero Hub team to design and develop project proposals.
- Gather numeric and qualitative evidence to support recommendations.
- Convene organisations and stakeholders.
- Provide project management support to CA colleagues delivering projects.
- Research Net Zero Policy and provide materials for briefings and presentations.
- Direct delivery of consultancy work to provide technical feasibility and business cases.
- Support North West regional Home Energy and Public Decarbonisation programmes, working with regional leads.
Required skills and knowledge:
- You will have a relevant Energy, Environmental or other relevant Undergraduate degree or degree level apprenticeship with 2.1 Honours or above
- You will work effectively in teams
- You can communicate ideas effectively and present work clearly
- You will have paid or voluntary work experience in which you managed your own time and workload, demonstrated initiative, and delivered results. Preference will be given to those with an understanding or interest in net zero carbon field.
What we can offer you:
- Local Government Pension Scheme contributions between 5.5% and 12.5%
- Generous holiday entitlement of 29 days as well as bank holidays and the option to buy 5 additional days
- Free travel around Liverpool City Region with an All-Zone Metro card worth £1,450 per year plus All Zones Off Peak Trio ticket for your spouse or partner
- Flexible and hybrid working with role dependent overtime and enhanced pay
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Free counselling services
- Corporate discounts at council-owned gyms
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Coaching, mentoring, apprenticeships, and professional qualifications including paid membership fees and even a £1k interest free learning loan for any non-job-related learning
If you think you match the job description and our values then click on the link to apply, indicating how you meet the person specification. Please see website for help applying.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for all candidates who met the essential criteria in the job description and who have declared that they: have a disability, are from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background, are a member of a reservist or have close family links to a member of the Armed Forces as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.