West Berkshire Council is an Ofsted rated GOOD Local Authority.
We have the opportunity for an experienced worker to join our Contact, Advice and Assessment Service (CAAS) as an Intervention Worker based within the Early Response Hub.
This role is primarily based within the Early Response Hub Triage however if the need arises due to worker leave or sickness, you may be required to work across the Early Response Hub within the Assessment and Intervention part of the team.
As part of the Intervention Worker role, tasks will consist of but not limited to:
- Identifying support plans for children and their families within the working timescales for ERHTriage
- Assessment of families’ needs and responding to that need in line with West Berkshire Threshold Document.
- Delivering focused, targeted interventions with families
- Multi-agency working
- Group case discussions
- Direct work with children and families
Offering advice and guidance to practitioners identified to lead on earlier help support provision such as the My Family Plan.
As Early Help is everyone’s responsibility the role includes joint working with all colleagues across services to ensure that all aspects of a child’s life experiences are captured.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements listed in the job description and person specification.
West Berkshire Council is an Ofsted rated good Local Authority. We are seeking a motivated, passionate and enthusiastic social worker to join us on our journey to becoming Outstanding.
A full driving licence is essential because of the rural nature of the district. Our main offices are based in Newbury and the outskirts of Reading.
CAAS is forward thinking and innovative in its practice. We are looking for individuals with drive and enthusiasm who are highly motivated to achieve ‘best outcomes’. If you are looking for a challenging and highly rewarding experience with a service that has a focus on continued learning and professional development we would welcome your application.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as:
- Flexible working wherever possible between the hours of 07.00-19.00
- Hybrid working wherever possible working 40% in the office
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Generous Local Government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistance Programme and employee benefits
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days per annum (plus public holidays) Rising by an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you interested in working with us and want to know more, do not hesitate to contact Steph Coomber, Team Manager 01635 503190 for a discussion. Or you can go straight to the links below to see the job description and complete our online application form.
Please note that this position will be available from 09th October 2023 onwards.
Visit www.westberks.gov.uk/socialwork for more information about our benefits and support package, but also to find out from our social workers and managers why West Berkshire is a great place to live and work.