Our Lifelong Services Teams have a unique focus, supporting young people and adults with lifelong physical disabilities, learning disabilities, autism, and brain injuries acquired at an early age. We also work with adults with sensory impairments acquired at any age (people who Deaf, Deafblind, or who are visually impaired). We offer a dedicated, strengths-based approach to disability that we know makes a positive difference. Whether we are engaging with people seeking advice, providing equipment or skills training, or starting a journey with people that may lead to a personal budget to meet complex needs, we are always looking to deliver the best outcomes.
We believe the best staff get the best outcomes and we're looking to strengthen our teams today. We are looking for exceptional staff who share our passion for the customer group we support and who can help us to be even better than we are today. If you look for the opportunities when other people see challenges, then we would like to talk to you.
Our teams are welcoming of staff who join us and we value the new ideas, perspectives and experience that each new person brings. We tailor our inductions and support to new staff to ensure each person is confident of contributing to the high standards we set as a team. We are all passionate about the work we do and take pride in the way we go about it.
About The Job
Salary: £43,516 to £46,549
Working pattern: 37 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Horsham / this role covers the northern area of West Sussex County
Are you working at Senior Social Worker level or higher, able to work innovatively, and have a good understanding of Community Led Support as a model for delivering service? If yes, we would like to hear from you!
Your role as a Senior Social Work Practitioner in the Lifelong Services Team will involve working with young people (16+) with lifelong disabilities including physical and learning disability and Autism. As a senior practitioner working within this very busy but supportive team you will be expected to carry a complex case load and provide regular supervision to other qualified social workers within the team. Good working knowledge of safeguarding, risk assessment and enablement is essential.
Experience and Skills
*Please see job description for key skill information.
Qualifications and/or experience:
* Degree in relevant professional or equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
* Completion of relevant post qualifying training.
* Registration with Social Work England and will be responsible for maintaining registration.
* Practice Teachers Award / Practice Education (PEPS 2 level), Best Interest Assessor (BIA) or Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualification - Desirable
* Requirement for BIA qualified practitioners to contribute to BIA service
delivery, AMHP qualified practitioners to contribute to AMHP service delivery.
* Expectation to undertake post qualifying training in one or more specialised roles, i.e. AMHP, BIA and/or Practice Educator.
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with a wide breath of issues and complex situations and using highly developed analytical skills to provide solution focussed and resource efficient options.
* Evidence of good assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families. Evidence of effectively prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
* Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload of complex
* Experience of leading and supervising others.
* Valid, full driving licence - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04711.
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Helen McCoy
To apply, please follow the links below to upload your CV and Cover Letter. In your Cover letter outline your motivations for applying and explain how you meet the key skills listed in full and the experience you can bring to the role (please refer to the key skills listed as you will be shortlisted on this) ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants that have a disability, are a veteran or are a care leaver. More information can be found on our application help page.