Knowsley has a developing and forward-thinking legal service which works closely with the Children’s Department to develop policy and practice that ensures the safeguarding and promotes the welfare of local children.
Knowsley Council’s Legal Services is looking for two experienced and committed Legal Assistant (Child Protection) to join our People and Litigation Team to deal with a range of matters including:
- Supporting the case management in Public Law Proceedings
- Handling a caseload of private law proceedings
- Advising clients with support from Assistant Solicitors
- Developing best practice in accordance with the Courts and Service demands
- Preparing standard form documents including drafting some applications
You will hold a recognised legal qualification appropriate to the grade (i.e. FILEX or successful completion of solicitor or barrister examinations) and/or have experience in the range of work carried out by the team.
At Knowsley Council we will consider requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, working from home, compressed hours, part-time.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applicants.
Interviews will be held on 5th October 2023
If you would like to find out more about the post, please contact Trevor Steele on 0151 443 3572 for an informal discussion.