Knowsley EPS is expanding and gladly welcomes applications and enquiries from candidates currently undertaking their Doctoral Training!
Following proactive review and significant investment into our thriving service, we are looking to appoint positive, solution-focused, and enthusiastic Educational Psychologists to join our dynamic and experienced team!
We are in the fortunate position to offer successful applicants opportunities for:
- Varied and rewarding strategic work,
- Development of specialisms/lead practitioner roles within the team,
- Joint working within the team and through collaboration with our multiagency partners,
- Project work, with a chance to pitch, design and take the lead,
- Developing and delivering training, and
- Diverse preventative work in our schools and through our wider SLAs.
This is an exciting time to join Knowsley Council and the EPS in particular! The available posts offer the opportunity to bring about positive change to the lives of our children, young people, and families, working as part of a committed, passionate, and experienced team in a supportive and ambitious environment. The potential of the Service has been recognised by the Executive Leadership Team who wholeheartedly support and value our role in early intervention and prevention.
Successful applicants will enjoy the following benefits:
- The opportunity to apply psychology in a proactive and positive way to make a real difference to the children, young people, and families of Knowsley.
- Be a part of a supportive, dynamic, and committed team with professional business support.
- An opportunity to contribute to shaping service development and enhancing our role through multi-agency working with a variety of partners.
- Access to clinical and peer group supervision.
- Access to internal CPD through Enquiry Based Learning and Interest groups.
- Use of Q Interactive along with a wide range of other assessment tools and materials.
- Hybrid working arrangements, full and part time positions and flexitime working agreements.
- A comprehensive corporate induction along with an appropriate induction period within the EPS.
- Easily accessible location (15 mins to Liverpool, 30 mins to Manchester by rail), with ample free parking available.
- Working as part of a supportive and team orientated environment, based in the Municipal Buildings in Huyton.
- Generous Local Government pension scheme.
- Access to working rewards including cycle scheme, staff technology purchase scheme, discounted gym membership (with Volair), and a host of other local discounts.
- Car user allowance and mileage (conditions apply).
As stated above, we have a fantastic opportunity to recruit permanent EPs and welcome applicants currently undertaking their doctoral training!
With the substantial backing of the executive leadership team, the service is well placed to bring about positive change on a strategic level across the Borough- do not miss the chance to be a part of this exciting opportunity!
Please feel free to contact Dr Hannah Barton, Principal Educational Psychologist more information or informal enquiries on 07773203466 or Hannah.Barton@knowsley.gov.uk.
Application via submission of CV and an informal meeting will be arranged at a later date.
We are also always looking to enhance our bank of Associates Educational Psychologists to work flexibly with the service for ad hoc statutory and short-term project work. Please call the number above if you are interested in joining our extended team!
Closing Date: Sunday, 01 October 2023.
How to Apply
To upload your CV you will need to click on the link below and create an account with Jobs Go Public if you have not already done so.
You will be required to input your name and email address and will be invited to complete an equal opportunities questionnaire although this is not mandatory.