Are you an experienced Educational Psychologist seeking a new opportunity to make a positive impact on children and young people's lives? We have an exciting vacancy for an Educational Psychologist to join our Education Services team based at Market Street Offices. You will play a vital role in supporting and improving the educational outcomes of children and young people in West Berkshire.
As an Educational Psychologist, you will report to the Senior Educational Psychologist and work closely with schools, families, and other professionals to assess and provide targeted interventions for children with special educational needs. You will carry out assessments, develop and implement intervention plans, and provide advice and guidance to support educational settings in meeting the needs of children and young people. Your role will involve working collaboratively with stakeholders to promote inclusive practices and facilitate positive change.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified as an Educational Psychologist with current Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration.
- Experience working as an Educational Psychologist in a similar role within the public sector.
- Proven ability to conduct psychological assessments and provide evidence-based interventions.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with children, young people, families, and professionals.
- An empathetic and flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to varying situations and demands.
Why join West Berkshire Council?
- Competitive salary and benefits package including a maximum salary of £50,584 per annum.
- Flexible working arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Access to a wide range of relevant training and professional development opportunities.
- Local Government Pension Scheme for a secure and comfortable retirement.
- Family-friendly policies and support, recognizing the importance of work-life balance.
- Enjoy a range of local discounts and employee benefits to enhance your wellbeing.
This post is a Sensitive Post for the purpose of the Local Government Housing Act 1989 and the post-holder is therefore restricted from engaging in any prescribed political activities. In summary, this means that you are prohibited from holding political office and from involvement in any political activity within or outside the workplace. Full details of the restrictions can be found in the Council’s Policy and Guidance on Politically Restricted Posts
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
This role is fixed term until 31st March 2024 – Time limited project
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Catherine Wilkes on 01635 519026. We welcome applications from both experienced Educational Psychologists and newly qualified professionals.
Take the next step in your career and make a difference to the lives of children and young people in West Berkshire. Apply now and join our dynamic and supportive Education Services team.
West Berkshire Council is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. We value individuality and celebrate achievements.