We are looking for a part-time data administrator (18.5 hours per week) to provide a key data function within the Place Planning & Schools Admission Service.
The successful postholder will support the wider Education Directorate by ensuring that all statutory data transfers from schools are imported in a timely and accurate manner, and providing efficient and accurate organisation and administration of all aspects of the school data processes.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership - If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
You will be responsible for the accurate importing of pupils records against set targets, from all WNC schools, into our council database. As part of this, you will ensure that data is imported in line with service standards in order to meet business requirements and that you promptly resolve any data conflicts by liaising with schools.
You will maintain accurate records using databases and corporate systems in accordance with the Councils policies, the Data Protection Act and Freedom of information Act. You will also be required to provide reports and data analysis as required by the serviceAbout you
You will have proven experience of working with data in an administrative role, can demonstrate the effective use of Office 365 and a willingness to learn a range of computer applications. You will have the ability to maintain accuracy and good attention to detail while undertaking a high volume of highly repetitive tasks. You work well under pressure to meet deadlines when required and are able to establish, maintain and share clear systems for record keeping.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Shazia.firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout us
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from our Chief Executive, Anna Earnshaw, about what it's like to work at West Northants Council https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.