Obelisk House provides exceptional levels of support in residential and Dementia care.
It is situated in a residential suburb in Northampton and it offers a wonderful living environment in which our residents can enjoy an enhanced quality of life.
We have teams of friendly and committed staff who provide the highest level of dementia care and residential care.
With our great accommodation and facilities and a programme of activities, our care home evoke a home from home atmosphere in which our residents can feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Professional subscriptions / registration - if your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
As Catering Assistant, you will support the Cook in the preparation of all food/meals for customers (and members of staff, where appropriate) in readiness for cooking or serving. You will also prepare the dining area for customers and assist in serving of food and drinks at mealtimes.
When working, we are looking for people that will ensure that our customers have a high quality dining experience, and always treat our customers with kindness, respect and compassion, to help foster a feeling of happiness and contentment.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 7am - 2.30pm.About you
- I really care about others
- I like to help people
- I enjoy being active
- I’m a good listener
- I can understand how others feel
- I’m a practical type of person
- I’m observant
- People can rely on me
If you can say yes to the statements above – we’d love to hear from you.
Although a basic Food hygiene certificate is desirable, you don’t need previous experience. As we will provide all the training and support you need to give you the skills and confidence be able to care for our residents.
Career development and training opportunities
Our team’s learning and development is very important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job. We are committed to career development and have a variety of career pathways, for those who want to progress or specialise.
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from Anna Earnshaw, our Chief Executive, about working for West Northants Council: https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.