Do you want to make a real difference to children and families?
North Somerset Council are looking for a Family Support Worker who is a motivated and resilient team member to support, deliver and develop services for children and families in North Somerset.
About the role
You will lead social care advice into Education Health Care Plans (EHCP’s). You will work closely with the SEND Team and Children’s Social Care Teams working closely with Social Workers and other professionals.
You will work extensively with vulnerable children, young people and their families.
You will provide focused family support to families with complex needs which improves parenting capacity and reduces behaviours which cause risk to children.
- Have good all round education with possible qualification in work with children or young people to a minimum NVQ Level 3 or 4 (or working towards this).
- Have experience of working with children and young people with SEND
- Have experience of practical aspects of childcare, domestic routines, health and hygiene.
- Have proven experience of working directly with children and families in difficult situations.
- Be resilient, assertive, and committed to keeping children safe.
- Be child centred whilst supporting the whole family.
- Have a ‘can do’ approach and be able to work flexibly.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Valid driving licence and own transport, or be able to provide alternative, suitable method of travel is an essential condition for this role.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Bally Nagra, Head of Children with Disabilities on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/jobs-training/council-jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed.
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
North Somerset Council – Open, Fairer, Greener.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.