We would love someone who is both a natural leader and a Functional expert in the use of our corporate Enterprise Applications. Our Functional Analysts are a talented group, and you will fit naturally into the role of their team leader. Your skills will be top notch of course. You will understand business requirements, processes, and systems to design effective solutions, also ensuring developments to business systems drive efficiency savings and meet statutory requirements.
Your role will include creating and managing a roadmap for future system software developments and ensuring technical and functional specifications, system test scripts or plans are available to support a successful delivery. You will maintain and monitor adherence to a documented delivery schedule for application upgrades or patches, application enhancements and project activities.
With your skills and ability to design, implement and maintain operational procedures and standards, you will be enthusiastic and devoted to the smooth running of the Council’s corporate business applications. Great communication skills are a must as you will consult and work with partners and colleagues as appropriate to ensure consistency of practice and quality data.Our benefits
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Professional subscriptions / registration - if your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference - If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people's lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
In this role you will demonstrate both managerial and technical skills, resolving complex issues, supporting the application and its users, and improving service quality and customer satisfaction. A typical day will include:
Managerial: Leading, supporting and managing our fantastic team of Functional Analysts. You will ensure appropriate skills are deployed to support business needs, set targets, provide training, conduct performance evaluations, and improve service quality.
Technical Support and Communication: Attend internal user/technical groups, provide advice on system enhancements and improvements. You will be a subject matter expert in providing application support with complex queries, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving queries and issues.
Operational: Researching new systems, overseeing day-to-day operations, developing specifications and test plans, coordinating testing, and contributing to training/user guides to support solution deployment.About you
As a skilled Functional Analyst, you are ready to take on the role of leading and managing a team of Functional Analysts. Your ability to effectively guide and mentor your team, aligning their skills with WNC’s business priorities, sets you apart. Your leadership shines as you establish clear goals, provide invaluable training, and conduct performance evaluations that foster both individual growth and collective success.
Your technical expertise and forward-thinking approach contribute to the development and implementation of proposals that enhance our enterprise applications. Your collaboration with internal user groups and technical teams reflects your commitment to driving efficiency and optimising application usage. As a bridge between technology and business needs, you play a pivotal role in enabling WNC to harness the full potential of its applications.
Is this you? If so, we’d like to hear from you.About us
We're a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government reform in recent history. As a new authority, we're embarking on an exciting journey to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and communities.
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is 'to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive'. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance, Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver services.
Hear more from Anna Earnshaw, our Chief Executive, about working for West Northants Council: https://youtu.be/lV0EfeUF4aU
At West Northants Council, it's about our people. People who thrive with ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail, and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-minded people.
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.