SEND Team Manager
Wokingham Borough Council are looking for an experienced SEND Team Manager to join our SEND Team on a full time, permanent basis.
The SEND Team ensures that Wokingham Borough Council fulfils its statutory duties in relation to legislation around the assessment of children and young people’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
As SEND Team Manager you will lead, manage and help quality assure services, provisions and processes for children and young people with SEND to ensure the best outcomes possible within the resources available. You will ensure Local Authority statutory responsibilities for SEND are discharged appropriately and are monitored effectively.
We will look to you to build on recent improved performance with statutory timescales and improved partnership working with a range of stakeholders and continue to develop and provide support to the SEND Team.
We can offer you excellent benefits including flexible working options, a generous annual leave entitlement of 31 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), a great local government pension scheme, a range of employee discounts and much more!
- Responsibility for leading a committed and passionate SEND Team to ensure Wokingham Borough Council fulfils its statutory duties in relation to legislation around the assessment of children and young people’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- To maintain the recent excellent performance of the SEND Team delivering new statutory assessments within the maximum twenty-week timeframe and identify opportunities to develop this further.
- To promote and further embed effective partnership working across the SEND Service with colleagues in Education and SEND, and Health Services provided by BHFT and commissioned by the ICB, Children and Adult Social Care teams including the Children with Disabilities Team and services to meet the needs of children and young people 0 – 25.
- Responsibility alongside the Head of SEND for supporting the High Needs system to remain sustainable and the High Needs Block Fund is used in line with WBC priorities, according to need and improved outcomes for children and young people with SEND 0-25.
- Draw on expert knowledge to support the Head of SEND to implement the SEND Strategy.
- Continue to work collaboratively with key stakeholders, including but not limited to: educational settings, the parent/carer forum, SEND Youth Forum and SENDIASS to ensure children and young people are heard and visible in their local communities, and support leads to improved outcomes.
- Extensive experience of working within and managing a dynamic and busy SEND Team.
- A proven record of strong performance against a range of KPI’s, notably EHCP and annual review timeliness.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the SEND legal framework and the ability to cascade / train colleagues to promote high standards and strong decision making.
- An ability to navigate and manage disagreement and conflict sensitively, whilst highlighting and celebrating good practice and complements received by the SEND Team.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Jamie Conran (Head of SEND) on Jamie.email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 8th October 2023
Interview date: Week Commencing 16th October 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.