Type – FT, Flexible Hours:
Salary: £25,296 – £28,307
Location: Asset Management, Wallasey
Our vision is to create a fairer, stronger and cleaner city region. Somewhere we can all be proud of, where no one is left behind. To make our vision a reality we’re looking for people, from all walks of life, who reflect the diversity of our communities, feel connected to our vision, and who role model our three behaviours.
The Combined Authority is led by Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram and brings together Liverpool City Region's six local authorities – Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral – to tackle the big issues that matter to us all, together.
We work together to make investments in areas that have a real impact on our communities, such as transport, employment, culture, digital and housing.
Our aim is to ensure that everyone benefits from the decisions we make. We want to create an environment which allows our economy to thrive for the good of everyone who lives and works in Liverpool City Region.
Asset Management’s Maintenance Delivery Team is looking for a qualified Mechanical Fitter with experience in maintenance of pumps, motors, fans and gearboxes as well as experience on small fabrication works. The post holder would be required to work on a 24/7 shift pattern responding to all planned maintenance and emergency/reactive tasks safely, and within the agreed time across the Mersey Tunnels and wider LCRCA estate. The role is based at our Asset Management depot in Wallasey.
This is an exciting time to join us as we look to embrace new technologies and new working practices ensuring we are aligned to modern practices within an ever-changing industry.
What we can offer you: (inc on all roles)
- Local Government Pension Scheme contributions between 5.5% and 12.5%
- Generous holiday entitlement of 29 days as well as bank holidays and the option to buy 5 additional days
- Free travel around Liverpool City Region with an All-Zone Metro card worth £1,450 per year plus All Zones Off Peak Trio ticket for your spouse or partner
- Flexible and hybrid working with role dependent overtime and enhanced pay
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family and Free counselling services
- Corporate discounts at council-owned gyms
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Coaching, mentoring, apprenticeships, and professional qualifications including paid membership fees and even a £1k interest free learning loan for any non-job-related learning
Closing Date for Applications: 22 September 2023 at 16:00
If you think you match the job description and our values then click on the link to apply, indicating how you meet the person specification. Please see our website Careers | Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (liverpoolcityregion-ca.gov.uk) for help applying.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for all candidates who met the essential criteria in the job description and who have declared that they: have a disability, are from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background, are a member of a reservist or have close family links to a member of the Armed Forces as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.