About us at Hounslow
We’d love you to join us at the London Borough of Hounslow! Our people are deeply committed to providing excellent services to our residents, doing all we can to make lives as good as they can be.
We are an outstanding council, serving an outstanding borough. With brilliant, visionary leadership, a dynamic Cabinet and a can-do culture, we’ve built strong partnerships which have transformed how we serve one of London’s most diverse boroughs. Hounslow is the world in one place and full of potential. We are stepping up for our residents like never before.
About our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We live by five core values: Lead with Heart, Do New, Pass on the Power, Harness the Mix and Be a Rock. All our work has equality, diversity and inclusion at its very heart, best articulated in “Harness the Mix”. It's about breaking down barriers between our parts and people and unlocking the problem-solving power of our amazing mix of minds. We serve a diverse community, we have a diverse workforce and we are committed to being an inclusive employer.
We work hard to create representation across our workforce and leadership community, we have thriving employee network groups and our learning and development programmes help us lead, model and breathe ways of working that eliminate inequality, inequity, injustice and bias.
As part of this and under our commitments as a Disability Confident Employer, we make reasonable adjustments to accommodate our candidates. There’s space for you to tell us what you need within our application form.
If you join us, you’ll have access to a range of employee benefits. Read more about these here.
About The Role
At the London Borough of Hounslow, we have big ambitions, and our Housing and Tenancy Management Services are helping us realise these, by transforming how we work with our residents. As such, the Housing Income Team is expanding. This evidences our commitment to supporting residents to maintain their rent payments and sustain tenancies. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our Income Team as a Housing Income Officer.
In this role you will support residents to manage their rent payments and finances effectively, allowing them to thrive in other areas of their lives. You will provide a proactive and supportive income collection service, balancing prevention, support and recovery. You will work effectively to meet deadlines and targets. Put forward new ideas, constructively challenge the status quo and embrace change. Most importantly you must be passionate about excellent customer service and supporting residents to sustain their tenancies.
1. Take ownership for all cases within a specific area and deliver a broad range of preventative measures, making contact through various methods including home visits.
2. Work proactively, flexibly and independently, with high attention to detail, seeing opportunities through to successful outcomes and knowing when to escalate to others.
3. Complete income and expenditure forms to implement sustainable and affordable payment plans.
4. Build and maintain relationships with residents and external agencies.
About The Team You’ll Be Working In
It’s an exciting time to join the team, we already have a wealth of experience so whilst experience is beneficial it’s not essential as training is provided. Our focus is on doing the right thing at the right time, and you will be given the freedom and trust to be successful. We’re looking for new colleagues with a strong work ethic, excellent people skills and someone who thrives under pressure. If this sounds like you, then please do apply.
1. You recognise and understand the paradigm shift associated with a restorative approach, and that working with residents provides the best outcomes for all involved.
2. You act with integrity, take personal responsibility and handle stress effectively while maintaining high levels of motivation and enthusiasm to achieve high levels of income collection.
3. You possess great listening skills to truly understand the issues at hand and show empathy whilst maintain a professional approach.
4. You are a highly organised individual and can manage a high volume of work with ease.
Read more about the work you’ll be doing in the Role Profile on our website.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can’t tick every box. At Hounslow, we realise the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist. So, if you can do most of what we’re looking for, go ahead and apply. You may be just the right candidate for the job!
Nervous about interviews? If your application is successful and you progress to interview stage, we will provide you with the questions in advance of your interview. The purpose of this is to ensure we get the best from you on the day to enable us to fully understand how your strengths and skills are aligned to the requirements of the role.
The key information you need about the role should be in the Role Profile, but if you have any further questions about the role, please contact: Ryan.Miles@housnlow.gov.uk
Interviews will be held on 28th September 2023.