The starting salary for this role is £39,355 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Social Worker to join our fantastic Reigate and Banstead Locality team. The team is based in Woodhacth, Reigate.
What we can offer you;
- Annual Leave - with the opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave
- Agile working opportunities - your work/life balance is important to us!
- Training and Development - Superb opportunities for development including a Readiness Programme, Preceptorship, Structured Induction Programme
- A supportive, 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
About the role
Our ASC workforce strategy supports our commitment to manage our talent and build succession plans for key areas, while investing in specialist training and development for our workforce. Key areas identified are:
- Investing in individual growth and career progression
- Growing workforce supply to meet demand
- Modernising the way we organise and deliver our services
- Ensuring our workplaces and practices are supportive and inclusive
- Continuing to work closely with our partners
With this in mind, we are looking for a range of enthusiastic and dynamic qualified and registered social work professionals with a variety of skills and experiences. Whether you enjoy duty, long term assessment, varied caseload, or D2A work, etc. - we want to hear from you.
As a Social Worker you will need to have completed your Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and be registered with Social Work England. We recognise there will be exceptions to this so please speak to us if you are in any doubt.
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- Working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
This advert has a closing date of 29/10/2023 although interviews and appointments will be made as and when we receive applications.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact Martin Gaunt on by e-mail at .
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.