Following the retirement of several of our team members, we have fantastic opportunities for enthusiastic and motivated Educational Psychologists to join our creative and friendly service. This year, our service has led on local authority wide initiatives, including our nationally renowned literacy project, supporting Looked After children as part of joint work with the Virtual School and our in-demand ELSA project. We continue to use psychology in everything we do to change and improve the life experiences of children and families in Staffordshire.
We are looking for Educational Psychologists to join us who will add to our diverse practice and who want to work creatively in applying psychology to achieve great outcomes for our children and families in Staffordshire. As a new member of the team, you will be supported to develop your psychological practice and to collaborate with team members with similar interests.
We have new positions in the following districts: Lichfield x 4 and Newcastle x 4.Main Responsibilities
Through the effective application of psychological principles and techniques you will:
- work collaboratively with teachers and parents in partnership with others responsible for children’s development and education to identify and find solutions to the concerns they may experience in promoting children’s development, learning, and relationships
- support schools or settings within their locality in promoting the psychological and emotional well-being of their community
- work with and support schools and settings within their locality to develop their organisation and the skills of their staff to promote the inclusion of all children and young people
- assist schools and settings within their locality to promote equal opportunities and to help children and young people make their views known and heard
- contribute to the LA’s policy making, planning and strategic initiatives, and assist the LA in fulfilling its statutory duties.
- take part in, and contribute to providing a range of service development projects, CPD opportunities and supervision.
You will need an honours degree in Psychology (or equivalent) recognised by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as well as recognised post graduate training and qualification in Educational Psychology. We are also interested in receiving applications from those who are due to qualify in September 2024/5. You must be registered with the Heath and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or in the case of trainee EPs following completion of your recognised qualification in September 2024/2025.
For further information, please contact Melissa Jones, Principal Educational Psychologist: email@example.com or on 07814 772157
Interviews will be held on: 5th and 6th October 2023About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people.
We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future. We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.