We are looking for motivated, outgoing individuals to support with the delivery of the Museum Explorers and Play Development programmes. As a Leisure and Culture Assistant you will have the opportunity to work with families across the borough and be involved in a wide variety of activities, from creative Stay and Play sessions to Museum family walks.
This exciting role will be required to:
- Provide support for the general running of events, for example, welcoming families, ticket administration, preparation of materials, event set-up.
- Work with the Learning and Outreach Officer to deliver craft activities, history themed games and object handling workshops.
- Work with the Play Development Officer to provide enriching opportunities that support children’s play, underpinned by the Playwork Principles.
- Provide excellent customer care while maintaining health and safety, customer care and child welfare standards.
- Have a flexible approach to work and be able to attend Museum Explorers and Play sessions throughout the year during weekdays, weekends and school holidays.
You will have enthusiasm for working with children and young people and will be confident leading groups of children in a range of play sessions, craft activities and games. At the heart of our Museum Explorers and Play Development programmes is providing fun, active and engaging activities for families in the local area and you will also share a commitment to supporting our local communities. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a rapidly growing outreach programme and gain experience of working in both Play Development and Museum Learning.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Jodie Altham Learning and Outreach Officer on: 01372 474576 or, Libby Truscott, Play Development Officer on: 01372 474544
How to Apply
Please note that we do not accept CVs. We only accept online applications. Our applications can take up to 2hrs to complete but we have prepared some guidelines to help you with the application as it’s such an important part of the process.
To apply use the "Apply Online" button below, which will take you to our Applicant Tracking System ('ATS') where, once you have applied, you can log on to your online account at any time to view the status of any of your applications. By using ATS, you can track the progress of your application(s), receive communications by email, select your own interview time online and see whether you have been made a conditional offer.