Contract Type: Casual
Hours: 0 per week (Term time)
The Facilities Management team are seeking to recruit minibus drivers with a D (D1) licence entitlement to assist with our school transport service, where children are transported to school in the morning and back home from school in the afternoon.
Drivers will need to have an annual driving licence check as part of the recruitment process, also need to undertake a DBS check. Drivers will also need to undertake a Minibus Driver Awareness Course (MiDAS) which will be provided by the Council if not already obtained.
These casual roles will initially be to cover sickness & annual leave but may however lead to more regular shifts if the school transport service expands in future.
You will need to be self-motivated with good inter-personal and communication skills, friendly of nature and character with a strong work ethic, flexible and reliable.
Key aspects of this role are:
• Driving of the minibus in accordance with the Ministry of Transport driving test standards, and to hold a current D1 licence.
• The transportation of children or service users between their homes or agreed pick up points to the school and back from school to home or to the agreed drop off point.
• To assist the child or service user on and off the minibus as required, this might include use of the tail lift or ramp.
• To ensure that all passengers are seated correctly, and all doors are secure before the vehicle starts to move.
• To undertake agreed vehicle checks daily before undertaking a journey and end of using the vehicle for a journey and fill in appropriate paperwork.
• To carry out daily maintenance of the vehicle, duties include, sweeping and mopping out inside the vehicle.
• The immediate reporting of any issues with the vehicle to the fleet management team, issues with the Children to the corporate transport team.
• Undertake a daily register of Children/adults undertaking any journey in the minibus or vehicle.
• To carry out all duties in accordance with the Authority’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures including risk assessments.
• To undertake any other minibus or vehicle journeys as requested by the fleet management team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.