We are recruiting an experienced Team Manager to join our Children in Care Team and help us achieve our vision for all our children, young people and families in Medway.
You will be required manage and motivate a team of experienced and newly qualified social workers, whilst also deputising and supporting the Service Manager where necessary.
You will be motivated, committed and passionate about making a difference to the lives of children, young people and families. You will be able to build effective working relationships, demonstrate strong analytical skills and robust understanding of the care proceedings process.
Working alongside colleagues within the Corporate Parenting Service, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to lead the children in care team, while focusing on the delivery of outstanding care planning to ensure children and young people experience the best possible care and achievement of permanence at the earliest opportunity.
- You will hold a degree in Social Work - CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England
- You will have substantial post qualifying experience working with children and families in the statutory sector
- You will hold a management qualification and/or have proven experience in management/leadership
- Demonstrable experience in relationship and strengths based practice, working collaboratively with children, young people and families.
- You will hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
Our offer to you:
In addition to the annual salary, we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Market Allowance of £7,000 per annum (paid monthly in 12 equal payments)
- Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum (paid in April following 1 years’ service with Medway Council)
- Hybrid working - opportunity to work from home/office (minimum of 2 days office based)
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car after 6 months
- Free car parking
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Alex Kaitell, Head of Service Corporate Parenting, on 01634 334434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviewed via Microsoft Teams.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Children's DBS check.
Please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
To find out more about Medway the place please click here.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332878 (option 1).
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
For more information on our Children & Adults Social Care jobs please visit: www.medwaysocialcarejobs.co.uk.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to Apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.