Our team structures are designed to ensure there is the right level of support available to staff. You will report to the Service Manager and be responsible for managing a team consisting of a Senior Practitioner, 4 Social Workers and a Family Support Worker. You will also deputise and support the Service Manager where necessary.
- A basic salary of £46,377 to £50,437 per annum
- An annual market allowance of £7,000 per annum (payable in monthly payments)
- A retention payment of £3,000. This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following one years’ service in Medway.
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Hybrid working - enabling you to work from home/office (a minimum of 2 days per week will be required in the office)
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
- You will hold a degree in Social Work - CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England
- You will have substantial post qualifying experience working with children and families in the statutory sector
- You will hold a management qualification and/or have proven experience in management/leadership
- You will ideally have experience of working with ‘Signs of Safety’ or a similar relationship and strengths-based practice framework.
- You will hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
If you are looking for a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Andrada Pepenel, Service Manager for CSWT, on 01634 337327 or Pauline Naraine, Head of Service on 07800 512202.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of this advert.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviewed via Microsoft Teams.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
For more information on our roles within Children’s Services please visit https://www.medway.gov.uk/childrenservicesjobs
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to Apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS.
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.