Working for us at West Sussex County Council is all about making a positive difference to the people of West Sussex. The Older People Mental Health Team (OPMH) team has a vacancy for a full time qualified Social Worker. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work with the OPMH team, coordinating all aspects of Health and Social Care needs for users with severe and enduring mental health challenges.
About The Job
Salary: £35,411 to £38,296
Working Pattern: 37 hours per week
Contract Length: Fixed term contract - end date: 31/03/2025
Location: Horsham - County Hall North
Are you passionate about delivering high quality social work services; and do you have experience of, or an interest in, working with people with a wide range of mental illnesses?
We have a great opportunity for a Social Worker to join our Older People Mental Health Team on a full time, fixed term contract. *We will consider applications from qualified social workers at any grade level for this position. Salary above refers to a grade 10.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess the ability to influence in a multi-disciplinary setting and communicate clearly and effectively to explain complicated information to a wide range of people, negotiate and persuade others to adopt a particular course of action that they may not otherwise wish to take
- Be able to demonstrate a good theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work concepts, and evidence of dealing with complex issues and cases
- Have a good understanding of the necessity of working with partnership agencies including health, housing, education and statutory, voluntary and independent agencies
- Have a degree in relevant professional or equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
- Be registered with the relevant professional registration body and responsibility for maintaining registration with that body.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04615.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Work England registration, an enhanced DBS check & 5 years referencing.