An opportunity has arisen in Adult Social Care for two experienced Financial Assessment Officers.
The role is 35 hours per week and requires visits to customers in their own homes.
The main purpose of the role is;
- Completing timely and accurate financial assessments for customers to establish contributions to their care fees.
- Assist individuals, where required, in completing their financial assessment forms, either over the telephone or in person.
- Enabling individuals to maximise their income by providing accurate benefits advice.
- This role is pivotal in establishing correct Council expenditure and income as well as ensuring the wellbeing of customers is not compromised by their care needs and the associated costs.
- Work closely with our Welfare Benefits Team, Brokerage and Social Work Teams, as well as Invoice and Billing and Debt Recovery staff.
- Be responsible for identifying any safeguarding concerns and escalating them as appropriate.
You will have an excellent understanding of the Care Act, and specifically the elements that relate to charging for services and financial assessments.
We deal with complex issues and vulnerable adults so you will have high quality customer care and communication skills.
Experience of dealing with a diverse group of customers.
You must be a good communicator and possess good numerical skills. You will be able to work as part of a busy team but also independently. It is important that you can manage your own caseload of work and be able to work to deadlines.
The team continues to evolve over recent years where we have introduced better ways of working. So, we will encourage and welcome ideas and initiative from you.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a hard-working team who are driven by targets, results and looking for better ways of doing things.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post
This post attracts an essential car user allowance and you will need to have use of a vehicle.
What we offer
Please see our why work for us page on our website for more information about a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you.
For an informal discussion, please contact Lorraine Taylor, Interim Financial Assessments Manager on 020 8545 4150 or Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.