Social Worker - Ongoing Care and Support Team
Wokingham Borough Council have a fantastic opportunity available for a Social Worker to join our motivated Ongoing Care and Support Team in Adult Social Care on a full time, permanent basis.
We can offer you a host of fantastic benefits including flexible working options, a generous annual leave entitlement, a great local government pension scheme, a range of employee discounts and much more!
As a Social Worker within the Adult Social Care team 18+, you will undertake direct work with customers who have a learning disability, physical disability, long term conditions and the elderly frail. The main aim of the service is to enable individuals to live safely in the community, maximising individual’s abilities to care for themselves and supporting carers to continue in their caring role as long as they are able to.
There will be an emphasis upon working creatively to identify whether needs can met in different ways. The aim will be to: assess needs; provide advice and support with signposting; maximising social capital; collaborate with key teams to provide a seamless service for individuals within the borough.
- To work in accordance with the Care Act 2014 to assess or reassess the needs of customers and their carers, offering access to support services in line with their eligible needs.
- To undertake risk assessments for individual customer situations and formulate risk management plans.
- To work in a person-centred way, ensuring that individual dignity is maintained, cultural and communication needs are addressed and choices and aspirations are acknowledged and heard.
- It is vital that the worker establishes close working relationships with support services.
- To establish professional relationships with local providers to enable joint working, investigation of new innovative ways of working, and encourage an open and transparent dialogue.
- To ensure that you bring forward good ideas, offer creative solutions, challenge areas where the Council can improve, and to contribute to the Council’s ongoing success.
- Social Work degree/ registered with Social Work England
- Full EU driving licence (and access to the daily use of a car)
- Minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience
- Ability to use standard Microsoft programs and to learn specialist client record systems etc.
- Experience in a Social Care or health care environment.
For an informal discussion, please contact Emma Hodge on firstname.lastname@example.org or Debbie Evans on email@example.com
Closing Date: 7th October 2023,11pm
Interview Date: Week Commencing 9th October 2023
Please be aware that we will be reviewing the applications we receive on a daily basis, and we reserve the right to close the advert early if suitable candidates are identified.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.