We are currently recruiting flexible people to become part of the Twelve15 catering team. Are you looking for shifts to fit in with study, family or other commitments?
We have a number of Bank Kitchen Assistant positions, available in over 250 schools throughout the county. These positions are Monday to Friday term time only over the lunchtime period; you offer your availability on a week by week basis and we allocate work when and where required.
The salary for this role is £11.04 per hour.
What makes a great School Kitchen Assistant? In true cooking style, the following 'recipe' outlines the values, skills and experience that will allow you to thrive in this role.
- A passion and skill for assisting in the preparation and serving of great food
- A pinch of good communication skills (including teamwork and customer service skills)
- A large cup of creativity
- A handful of excellent time keeping and flexibility around locations
- No specific qualifications are required for this role. All we ask is that you are committed, motivated and a team player.
Using the above ingredients and equipment, as well as your creativity and enthusiasm, you will help to prepare and serve food, set up the dining area, serve children and assist with clean up duties. Your goal? To assist in the school kitchen to provide excellent customer service to our most important customers: the children.
Customer service is at the front and centre of the Twelve15 Vision and Mission. You will have good communication skills, the ability to be flexible and adaptable, and the capability to support the work of the Chef Manager.
If you feel this recipe is for you, take a look at some of the benefits you'll receive!
- Generous local government salary related pension
- Discounts on various services including food shopping
- Health and wellbeing support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full training and induction
- Our Superstar initiative recognises staff via nomination from their colleagues
- Term time only hours that allow for good work/life balance
If this recipe sounds like something you would like to make your career, please apply using the button below!
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.