Closing date: Sunday 24th September 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 27th September (PM) or Friday 29th September (AM).
Part time, 22 hours per week. £16,869.24 - £19,038.92 pro rata (28,371.00 - £32,020.00 FTE)
The post is funded through the two programmes so is fixed term until 31 March 2025.
Winchester City Council is seeking an experienced officer to provide operational support to Winchester City Council’s UK Shared Prosperity Fund and Rural England Prosperity Fund grant programmes.
The role will work across the Economy and Community teams and with council colleagues and external partners to co-ordinate the delivery of the two programmes.
Strong organisational, project management and financial management skills are required coupled with excellent communications skills.
This is an ideal role for an enthusiastic person who has the ability to balance multiple activities and demands whilst maintaining attention to detail. Experienced at financial management and reporting, the successful candidate will also enjoy working with organisations, stakeholders and the public and will have a friendly manner.
Join us at Winchester City Council to build on our successful track record of supporting the districts’ local economy and communities.
In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Hybrid-working (50% in the office, 50% at home – after first 3 weeks in office)
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice scheme for cars and bikes
- 26 days annual leave per year rising to 33 days - dependent on length of service
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking (during work hours) at any Winchester Park and Ride
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a range of major high street brands and the two leisure centres in the district
- Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development