The salary range for these roles is £39,355 - £42,053 per annum based on a 36-hour working week.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach.
Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
The Mental Health service is looking for:
- 1 x Social Worker: Permanentm Full Time contract at Guildford Borough Council Offices, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, GU2 4BB
- 1 x Social Worker: Fixed Term until 31st May 2024 , Full Time contract at Guildford Borough Council Offices, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, GU2 4BB
- 2 x Social Workers: Permanent, Full Time contract in the Duty Team based at: Fairmount House, Bull Hill, Leatherhead, KT22 7AH.
- 1 x Social Worker: Permanent, Full Time contract based at Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HP.
We can offer you:
- Mentoring and support from experienced colleagues
- Work/life balance: flexible working is supported where possible, including working from home or hot desking at a number of County Council sites
- 26 days annual leave (28 after 2 years' service) plus 8 bank holidays
- Relocation assistance of up to £8,000, subject to meeting eligibility criteria
- A generous local government salary-related pension
- 24/7 employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Option to join our car lease scheme and many more discounted life-style benefits, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff for more information
In your application, we would love to hear about your;
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- A full driving licence and have use of a vehicle insured for work/business purposes
- A working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
About the role
The Mental Health Service delivers services to all Surrey residents who meet social care criteria in line with the Care Act, in relation to their mental health needs. Teams within the service deliver high-quality care for service-users with mental health needs. Team members are friendly, cohesive and proud of their record in providing an effective service in the community.
As a Mental Health Social Worker, you will be expected to assess the social care needs of service users and provide direct social work intervention to some of the most challenging and complex service users and their carers. We are looking for enthusiastic social workers who can provide effective support for people with mental health needs using a strength-based approach to enable individuals to live as independently as possible with more choice and control. You will need to be flexible to work in a challenging environment. You will be supported and will benefit from a structured induction programme.
At Surrey we work together openly and honestly to provide our residents with an excellent service that is inclusive and respectful of all. We offer a wide range of benefits that allow you to develop within your career without having to sacrifice your work/life balance.
You can read more about our benefits, vision and values on our website by clicking apply.
The closing date for this role is 01/10/2023, although applications will be reviewed and appointments made on an on-going basis.
Interviews will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
For an informal discussion please contact:
- Louise Rutland-Lawes at for roles based in Guildford and Godalming.
- Ekpen Akenzua at for the role based in Leatherhead.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups. We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.