The starting salary for this position is £27,897 per annum, based on working 36-hours per week.
This is a full-time, permanent role with a primary base of Henley Fort Outdoor Centre in Guildford, GU2 4RH. Working at times across the whole of Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development's centres and provision.
Are you an experienced outdoor learning supervisor seeking an exciting new challenge? If so, we would love to hear from you about becoming part of our dynamic team at Henley Fort Outdoor Centre.
At Surrey Outdoor Learning and Development (SOLD), we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional outdoor learning programs that inspire and engage both young people and adults alike. Our mission is to enrich personal and social development, elevate achievement and foster aspirations in life.
As the Lead Outdoor Learning Instructor, you will have a key supervisory role at SOLD, ensuring the smooth delivery of a diverse range of adventurous outdoor activities and programs. Your expertise will be vital in supporting our Senior Instructor, managing the day-to-day operations of the centre, and leading and mentoring a team of dedicated staff.
Curious about what to expect from the role? Some key aspects will include:
- Influencing the overall quality of our program delivery, making a significant impact on the learning experiences of our visitors.
- Assisting and at times, taking charge of the coordination and logistics of our outdoor centre with a positive, solution-focused approach, ensuring smooth and successful operations.
- Maintaining NGB (National Governing Body) centre recognition and adhering to health and safety guidelines.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of our offer and helping us unlock our full potential.
We'd love to see your passion and experience reflected in your CV and personal statement, so please make sure to highlight:
- Your experience in training and supervising staff; motivating them towards great performance.
- Your understanding of theories and methods that enhance outdoor learning experiences.
- Your track record of delivering high-quality and impactful outdoor learning programs.
- A minimum of three national governing body qualifications relevant to our centre.
- A senior-level qualification, along with current first aid certification.
To get a flavour of what we do, take a look at our video below about our residentials at High Ashurst.
Join us at SOLD, where your expertise and passion for outdoor learning will make a profound difference in the lives of those we inspire. We can't wait to hear from you!
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 15/10/2023
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 23/10/2023.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children's Barred List check will be required for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit our website.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.